Rapa Nui Climate & Temperature
- Rapa Nui, Easter Island is at 27°10'S, 109°25'W, 69 m (226 ft). See map.
- Rapa Nui has a tropical wet climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Af) with no dry or cold season as it is constantly moist (year-round rainfall).
- The annual mean temperature is 20.5 degrees Celsius (69 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 6 °C (10.8°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1224 mm (48.2 inches) which is equivalent to 1224 Litres/m² (30.02 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Rapa Nui you would come out nearest to the climate station at Khanpur, Pakistan where you would find a Subtropical desert climate (Tropical desert scrub biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Rapa Nui, Easter Island Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: