Rapa Nui Climate & Temperature
- Rapa Nui, Easter Island is at 27°10'S, 109°25'W, 69 m (226 ft). See map.
- Rapa Nui has a tropical wet climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Af) with no dry or cold season as it is constantly moist (year-round rainfall).
- The annual mean temperature is 20.5 degrees Celsius (69 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 6 °C (10.8°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1224 mm (48.2 inches) which is equivalent to 1224 Litres/m² (30.02 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Rapa Nui you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Khanpur, Pakistan where you would find a Subtropical desert climate (Tropical desert scrub biome).
Rapa Nui Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Rapa Nui Climate Graph in Metric Units
Rapa Nui Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Rapa Nui, Easter Island Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: